Programming and Development Training Class Schedule
(6403) Designing a Data Solution with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (M20465)
Have a question? Contact Us
- You should have technical knowledge of relational databases, including
- Minimum two years of experience with relational databases
- Database planning, implementation, and management
- Querying with Transact-SQL
- Basic knowledge of high availability and disaste
- 1. Introduction to Enterprise Data Architecture
- Enterprise Data Considerations
- Access an Existing Infrastructure
- 2. Multi-Server Configuration Management
- Policy-based Management
- Microsoft System Center
- 3. Consolidate Database Workloads with SQL Server 2014
- Database Server Consolidation Considerations
- Resource Management in a Consolidated Database Infrastructure
- 4. Introduction to Cloud Data Solutions
- Cloud Computing
- SQL Server in a Private Cloud
- 5. Introduction to Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Azure Overview and Microsoft Storage
- 6. Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Microsoft Azure SQL Database Security
- Implement and Manage Databases
- 7. SQL Server in Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
- Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine Connectivity and Security
- Create Databases in a Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine
- 8. Introduction to High Availability in SQL Server 2014
- High Availability Concepts and Options in SQL Server 2014
- Log Shipping
- 9. Clustering with Windows Server and SQL Server 2014
- Introduction to Windows Server Failover Clustering
- SQL Server AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances
- 10. Automating Multi-Server Maintenance AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- AlwaysOn Availability Groups Introduction and Considerations
- 11. Plan High Availability and Disaster Recover
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery with SQL Server 2014
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery for Databases in Microsoft Azure
- 12. Replicating Data
- SQL Server Replication
- Planning Replication
This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20465 and covers the skills and knowledge measured by Exam 70-465: Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and, in conjunction with on-the-job experience, can help you prepare for the exam.
This course comes with 12 months access to the following benefits:
Indexed Class Recordings
* Terms and conditions may apply. Learn more about our Microsoft training exclusives by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Get engaging and impactful live, instructor-led training, regardless of your location.
Our Virtual Classroom Live online training format combines premium skills development technologies and our industry-leading instructors, content, exercises and peer collaboration to ensure that you get the highest quality professional development experience possible. Gain the skills and expertise that matter from the convenience of your home, work or wherever you have an Internet connection.
Engage with your instructor and fellow students via a learning platform and course material designed to ensure a stimulating and productive skills development experience.
Choose from sessions across a variety of time zones for training options that suit your schedule. Save time, money and effort without sacrificing learning quality by accessing our expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an Internet connection.
Attend from your PC, Mac or any iOS/Android tablet or smartphone. Connect with the class through your device audio or via toll-free phone number†, depending on available technologies and your interaction preferences.