1. Develop solid object-oriented applications written in Java, using sound coding techniques and best coding practices, with a specific focus on server side development
2. Key JEE technologies with special focus on Servlets and JSPs
3. How to design web applications that are robust, efficient, secure, and maintainable
4. Fundamentals of Java language, as well as its importance, uses, strengths and weaknesses
5. Use classes, inheritance and polymorphism
6. Use collections, generics, autoboxing, and enumerations
7. JDBC API for database access
8. Work with annotations
9. Design and build robust and maintainable web applications
10. Create dynamic HTML content with Servlets and Java Server Pages
11. Make Servlets and JSP work together cleanly
Who Should Attend?
This introductory Java course is designed for experienced object-oriented developers (such as C++ or C#) who want to further develop their skills in web development, learn the basic architecture of a JEE web application, and implement a web application
What You Will Learn:
1. Java: A First Look
Using the JDK
Writing a Simple Class
The Java Platform
2. Getting Started with Java
Adding Methods to the Class
Specializing in a Subclass
3. Essential Java Programming
Fields and Variables
Static Methods and Fields
Java Packages and Visibility
4. Advanced Java Programming
Inheritance and Polymorphism
Interfaces and Abstract Classes
5. Java Developer's Toolbox
6. JEE Application Architecture
Technical Overview of JEE
7. Web Applications
Understanding Web Applications
Configuring Web Applications
8. Developing Servlets
Introduction to Servlets
Debugging JEE Applications
Processing Input Data
9. Developing JavaServer Pages
Introduction to JavaServer Pages
JSP Implicit Objects
10. Database Integration: JDBC and JEE
JDBC and Its Position in JEE
JDBC Data Access API
The DAO Pattern
11. Advanced Topics
Introduction to Hibernate
Introduction to XML
Web Services Overview
In this course, you will learn essential Java programming skills in preparation for building server-side applications on the JEE platform. You will learn what JEE is, what it means in terms of today's systems and architectures, and how to apply JEE technologies and practices in implementing and deploying robust, flexible web applications. This course is available for Java 6 or Java 7.
You will also receive our Essential Java & JEE Development Case Study that covers the entire spectrum from use cases to object-oriented design to implemented classes. This case study supplements the course and can be used during or after the course as a reference and a tool for reviewing and practicing what was learned in class.
Follow-On Courses: None
* Terms and conditions may apply. Learn more about our Microsoft training exclusives by contacting email@example.com
Live Virtual: Get engaging and impactful live, instructor-led training, regardless of your location.
Our Virtual Classroom Live online training format combines premium skills development technologies and our industry-leading instructors, content, exercises and peer collaboration to ensure that you get the highest quality professional development experience possible. Gain the skills and expertise that matter from the convenience of your home, work or wherever you have an Internet connection.
Engage with your instructor and fellow students via a learning platform and course material designed to ensure a stimulating and productive skills development experience.
Choose from sessions across a variety of time zones for training options that suit your schedule. Save time, money and effort without sacrificing learning quality by accessing our expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an Internet connection.
Attend from your PC, Mac or any iOS/Android tablet or smartphone. Connect with the class through your device audio or via toll-free phone number†, depending on available technologies and your interaction preferences.
Develop robust, flexible, and secure Java web applications.