Programming and Development Training Class Schedule
(821532) DEVELOPING SQL DATA MODELS
Have a question? Contact Us
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Experience of querying data usingTransact-SQL.
- Querying Data with Transact-SQL (20761)
- Implementing a SQL Data Warehouse (M20767)
- 1. Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modeling
- Introduction to Business Intelligence
- Microsoft Business Intelligence Platform
- 2. Create Multidimensional Databases
- Introduction to Multidimensional Analysis
- Create Data Sources and Data Source Views
- Overview of Cube Security
- Configure SSAS
- Monitoring SSAS
- 3. Working Cubes and Dimensions
- Configure Dimensions
- Define Attribute Hierarchies
- Implementing Sorting and Grouping Attributes
- Slowly Changing Dimensions
- 4. Working with Measures and Measure Groups
- Working with Measures
- Working with Measure Groups
- 5. Introduction to Multidimensional Expressions (MDX)
- MDX Fundamentals
- Add Calculations to a Cube
- Use MDX to Query a Cube
- 6. Customize Cube Functionality
- Implement Key Performance Indicators
- Implement Actions
- Implement Translations
- 7. Implement a Tabular Data Model by Using Analysis Services
- Introduction to Tabular Data Models
- Create a Tabular Data Model
- Use an Analysis Services Tabular Model in an Enterprise BI Solution
- 8. Introduction to Data Analysis Expression (DAX)
- DAX Fundamentals
- Using Dax to create Calculated Columns and Measures in a Tabular Data Model
- 9. Perform Predictive Analysis with Data Mining
- Overview of Data Mining
- Create a Custom Data Mining Solution
- Validate a Data Mining Model
- Connecting to and Consume a Data Mining Model
- Using the Data Mining add-in for Excel
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20768: Developing SQL Data Models
Earning an MCSA: SQL 2016 Business Intelligence Development certification validates your extract, transform, and load (ETL) and data warehouse skills, along with those for implementing BI solutions using multidimensional and tabular data models and online analytical processing (OLAP) cubes. This certification will qualify you for a position as a BI developer.
Managing SQL Business Intelligence Operations (M10988)
This course comes with 12 months access to the following benefits:
Indexed Class Recordings
Unlimited Course Retakes
* Terms and conditions may apply. Learn more about our Microsoft training exclusives by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Get engaging and impactful live, instructor-led training, regardless of your location.
Our Virtual Classroom Live online training format combines premium skills development technologies and our industry-leading instructors, content, exercises and peer collaboration to ensure that you get the highest quality professional development experience possible. Gain the skills and expertise that matter from the convenience of your home, work or wherever you have an Internet connection.
Engage with your instructor and fellow students via a learning platform and course material designed to ensure a stimulating and productive skills development experience.
Choose from sessions across a variety of time zones for training options that suit your schedule. Save time, money and effort without sacrificing learning quality by accessing our expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an Internet connection.
Attend from your PC, Mac or any iOS/Android tablet or smartphone. Connect with the class through your device audio or via toll-free phone number†, depending on available technologies and your interaction preferences.