Programming and Development Training Class Schedule
(HY300) SAP Commerce System Administrator Workshop
Have a question? Contact Us
- Essential: LINUX BASH knowledge; Extensive (but not necessarily SAP Commerce -specific) knowledge of how to host applications and web servers.; Familiarity with SSH, Linux shell commands and VI Editor
- 1) Introduction and Warm Up
- 2) SAP Hybris Commerce Architecture
- 3) Installation and configuration overview
- 4) Hands on installation/configuration of a SAP Commerce stack:
- a) Load balancer (SSL termination)
- b) Web server
- c) App server
- d) Database
- e) Externalize Solr master slave standalone configuration
- f) Production specific app server configuration, dynamic cleanup strategy, useful monitoring commands
- g) Production specific Apache (serve static content from Apache, cache headers, secure back office, Apache media, balancer manager, server status)
- h) External Tomcat installation
- 5) Build and deployment
- 6) Clustering and Persistence
- 7) Integration
- 8) Performance
- 9) Monitoring
- 10) System Security
- 11) Backup and Restore
- 12) Analysis
- 13) Optional: Hands on clustering workshop:
- a) Students will work in teams to setup a SAP Commerce cluster (there is also an option to work individually and create a 2 node cluster on the same server)
Course Notes and announcements:
1. This course summarizes a hosting lifecycle, touching on subjects relevant to IT and operations administrators. Hosting, running, and monitoring a SAP Commerce application requires detailed knowledge of relevant system components and tools. Participants learn to set up, install, test, and monitor a SAP Commerce application. Project Managers may also attend this course, as it provides a broad range of information about how to deploy applications and data, and how to backup / restore, monitor and debug the application.
2) If you are not an official SAP Commerce partner or customer, you do not have access to the SAP Hybris Commerce Help and SAP Hybris Wiki – which are both necessary for the training. Follow these links for registration information: Wiki / Help.
Please note the on-site training and technical equipment requirements for this course via this link.
3) For this training course, all students get access to VM to perform exercises. Please bring your own laptop to access the VM.
This is a SAP CERTIFIED Course. Your course will include Full Class Delivery of the comprehensive standard SAP curriculum agendas, SAP Certified Instructor, Demonstration and Presentation, Student Hands on exercises, Access to SAP Hosted servers/training environment, and SAP Certified participant guides.
This 2 day instructor led course qualifies for 16 CPE Credits. CPE Credits are currently available only for publicly scheduled courses delivered live at SAP locations and our Authorized Education Partner locations.
With virtual live classroom training you get comprehensive training from SAP experts using seamless over-the Web connectivity. The same content delivered in SAP's traditional "brick and mortar" classrooms is presented during virtual live classroom deliveries. As in SAP's traditional classrooms, SAP virtual live classroom stresses hands-on learning providing each registered student with exclusive access to live SAP systems throughout each course. Each Virtual Live class is taught by a SAP Certified Instructor and will include an e-book student guide for you to download and keep. CPE Credits are currently available only for publicly scheduled courses delivered live at SAP locations and our Authorized Education Partner locations. CPE Credits are not available for virtual live classroom sessions.