Programming and Development Training Class Schedule
(2551) AMA2576: COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS FOR TECH. PROFESSIONALS
Have a question? Contact Us
- To achieve success, technical professionals must have strong and flexible interpersonal and communication skills in addition to their technical abilities.
- The Communication Challenge
- Distinguish Communication Needs and Expectations of Technical and Nontechnical Professionals
- Define Generational Differences and Their Impact on Communication
- Assess the Communication Needs and Expectations in Your Own Job
- Personal Styles—Your Own and Others’
- Differentiate Communication Style Preferences in Order to Better Understand Others
- Identify Your Own Style Preferences and Their Strengths and Limitations
- Use Behavioral Clues to Determine Others’ Personal Styles and to Work More Effectively with Other Styles
- A System for Communication
- Distinguish Between Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
- Identify Criteria for Establishing Trust and Building Credibility
- Implement a Communication Model for Conducting More Effective Conversations
- “I Listen”—Understanding the Message
- Identify the Role of Active Listening in Effective Communication
- Demonstrate the Critical Skills of Active Listening—Acknowledging Emotions, Encouraging, and Acknowledging Ideas
- Apply Effective Listening Techniques to Your Own Work Situations
- Asking Questions
- Identify and Construct Open-Ended and Closed-Ended Questions
- Demonstrate Effective Use of Questioning
- Apply the Techniques to Your Own Work Situations
- “I Talk”—Sending the Right Message
- Demonstrate Effective Use of Informing and Directing
- Identify Appropriate Use of Skills to Influence
- Apply Techniques to Your Own Work Situation
- Managing Conflict
- Determine Your Own Conflict Style Using a Self-Assessment
- Identify When and How to Deliver Criticism Appropriately and Effectively
Whether you’re an IT professional, engineer, scientist, or researcher, communicating with others—both technical and nontechnical professionals—is an essential part of the job. This seminar will give you the interpersonal and communication tools you need to ensure mutual clarity and understanding when dealing with others, so you can maximize all your business interactions and achieve your critical goals.
* Terms and conditions may apply. Learn more about our Microsoft training exclusives by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Get engaging and impactful live, instructor-led training, regardless of your location.
Our Virtual Classroom Live online training format combines premium skills development technologies and our industry-leading instructors, content, exercises and peer collaboration to ensure that you get the highest quality professional development experience possible. Gain the skills and expertise that matter from the convenience of your home, work or wherever you have an Internet connection.
Engage with your instructor and fellow students via a learning platform and course material designed to ensure a stimulating and productive skills development experience.
Choose from sessions across a variety of time zones for training options that suit your schedule. Save time, money and effort without sacrificing learning quality by accessing our expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an Internet connection.
Attend from your PC, Mac or any iOS/Android tablet or smartphone. Connect with the class through your device audio or via toll-free phone number†, depending on available technologies and your interaction preferences.